Release From Trauma Programme
“When the highly aroused feelings associated with trauma are removed, it creates the freedom to live fully again, feeling safe, in control and with confidence.”
– Colleen Young
For both Men & Women to Breakthrough Trauma, PTSD and Phobias
When we have experienced something highly threatening or dangerous, physically and/or psychologically, a natural survival response is activated within us. Our incredible mind/body system carries out essential checks which facilitate recovery from these events. For this to happen we need to return to a state of balance and calm post trauma.
There are times when there are barriers to this natural adjustment process and this is when it can have a negative impact. When this happens, certain triggers or thoughts may then play out in different ways such as total panic, fear, anxiety, depression, flashbacks, nightmares, loss of confidence etc. This can deeply affect life quality and the choices someone feels safe to make.
WHAT IS A RELEASE FROM TRAUMA PROGRAMME?
Colleen blends highly effective psychotherapeutic tools with a refined and specialist technique to treat trauma, PTSD and phobias. It is safe, effective and fast.
You will have a discovery chat in the first instance and should you be suited to treatment, this is then arranged.
A typical Release From Trauma Programme may play out as follows:
- Phase 1: Information gathering to create a landscape for the work that Colleen is going to co-create with you. You will not need to discuss in detail the traumatic event.
- Phase 2: A deeply relaxing phase, where you will be in a highly receptive state, yet still in control, feeling safe and very calm.
- Phase 3: The work phase, where we safely “rewire and refire” the amygdala in the brain, which has been on red alert since the trauma event. With the amygdala now out of red alert mode and re-set, we are able to create a new “file” connected to the trauma, but this time filed away without the highly arousing emotional impact.
- Phase 4: Bringing you gently back to the present feeling calm, relaxed and alert.
- Phase 5: Arranging a time to check in with you at a later date. Normally this is a few days later.
What Do Clients Typically Report at The End of Their Programme?
Most clients state that they feel neutral and calm when they are requested to reach for the memory of the traumatic event. Some clients have found it more difficult to access the trauma memory, or they state it feels like it is in the past.
Where is This Work Carried Out?
Online. However under certain circumstances this programme may be carried out in person.
How Long Does The Programme Take?
Typically you will need to allow one morning or afternoon for your programme, as treatment time required varies from person to person. It is also highly recommended that the rest of the day is taken at a gentle and relaxing pace. (Please remember this is a huge transformational shift).